FileXpress Platform Server for Windows 7.1 New Features and Release Notes
Technical Note 2598
Last Reviewed 15-Dec-2011
FileXpress Platform Server for Windows version 7.1
This technical note outlines the new features available in FileXpress Platform Server for Windows 7.1, as well as product fixes and release notes.
This note includes the following information:
FileXpress Platform Server for Windows 7.1 New Features
- Distribution List (One to Many).
Use Distribution Lists to conduct transfer requests to multiple nodes at one time. This feature is available for Send file transfers. For example, you might use this feature to send files such as a pricing update file to all retail stores.
- Added server restart message to the FileXpress Apply Key scripts.
The cfapplykey script now displays a message to tell the user to restart the FileXpress server after installing the key.
- Added Responder Profile support to Command Center Functions (Node, Profile, RProfile).
A Command Center user can now connect to Platform Server with a responder profile, and have the ability to manage the Platform Server or collect logs from the Platform Server.
Four new file name tokens are available. Assuming that a file is called “a.b.c”, the tokens will resolve in the following way:
- Files name tokens are now available on the local file name for a send.
- Perl DNI scripting.
Use this enhancement to detect the existence of a file within a directory, and transfer each file in the directory to a target system. Perl DNI is available in addition to the standard DNI functionality provided within the FileXpress Administrator. Perl DNI provides these features:
- Use regular expressions to filter files to be transferred.
- Limit the days/times that files are scanned to be transferred.
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Support.
FileXpress Platform Server for Windows can be silently installed using Microsoft SCCM.
- File transfer throttle default values.
The new file transfer throttle values are 50 Initiators and 50 Responders totaling 100. If a file transfer is limited on the initiator side, only one message will be written for all transfers going to the event viewer. All other transfers will not be attempted until the next dispatcher cycle.
- Added Extended ASCII support to FileXpress Platform Server conversion tables.
FileXpress Platform Server now provides four conversion tables that can be selected for greater flexibility and support for extended ASCII character sets:
Comtblg.classic - The old comtblg.dat shipped with prior versions. This table provides compatibility with versions prior to 7.1 and does not contain extended ASCII characters.
Comtblg.cp037 - Extended ASCII table that is based on IBM Code page 037. This table supports the Latin-1 character set as used in IBM mainframes.
Comtblg.cp1047 - Extended ASCII table that is based on IBM Code page 1047. This table supports the ISO8859-1 character set.
Comtblg.dat - Extended ASCII table that is based on IBM Code page 037. This table supports the Latin-1 character set as used in IBM mainframes. This table is identical to the Comtblg.cp037 table.
- Added the ability to generate SSL certificate requests with key lengths of 1024, 2048, and 4096 bits.
- Added the -v option to sslutility.exe to display version information.
Resolved Issues in 7.1
- Fixes a problem where all sub-directories are not transferred and mini-dumps may be created when using the $(SDIR) token on DNI receives.
- Fixes a problem when after modifying the file name in a template the updates are not saved until the server is refreshed. Template changes are now saved without requiring a refresh.
- Fixes a problem where the Administrator GUI may crash if the FileXpress Platform Server Administrator Auto Refresh Rate is less than 10 seconds.
- Fixes a problem where log and event Viewer records were written for all incoming connections including keep alive requests from a load balancer. FileXpress will log requests if data is sent on the connection. If the connection is just opened and closed then nothing is logged.
- Resolves an issue when using the Platform Server Command Line Client to perform Platform Server transfers via the FileXpress Internet Server, Platform Server Initiator Transaction IDs did not increase after performing multiple transfers.
- Resolves an issue in FileXpress Internet Server, when a transfer definition was defined using both a UNC path and a Platform Server as the file destination, a 'cfdir' error caused the transfer to fail.
- Resolves issues with load balancer heartbeat requests causing the Platform Server to hang unexpectedly.
- Platform Server PPA token %TIME resolved only one digit for any second under 10 seconds. The token now resolves two digits, for example 9 seconds is now resolved as "09".
- Resolves a problem where GetComputerName was not resolving properly in a Windows Cluster Environment.
- Fixes an issue where file transfer with $(LocalPathWODrive) was not resolving to the full path.
- Fixes an issue where a DNI receive using a local user account fails and CPU utilization spikes.
- Resolves an issue with scheduled file transfers file tokens reverting to static values after reboot.
- Resolves an issue where scheduled DNI transfers disappear after FileXpress is re-started.
- Resolves an issue with the cfrprofile command not checking if a node already exists.
- Resolves issue of a zero-byte file being created on the Windows server when a transfer fails.
- Updates the error message when a directory transfer has no files to upload or download.
- Fixes notification emails not displaying correctly in Outlook preview when using Exchange 2010.
- Resolves an issue where the two-week period prior to license key expiration was resulting in Batch DNI templates failing.
The following known issue has been found in FileXpress Windows Platform Server 7.1:
- When you install Windows Platform Server 7.1 on a new system, you must apply the license key during the installation. The installation includes a question that asks "Would you like to apply the license key for this product?" If you answer "No," the installation will fail with error messages that say, "Reported an exception" and "Failed to install the service." (If you are installing 7.1 on a system that already has a license key applied, you do not need to apply a license key during the installation; the upgrade will proceed successfully and use your existing key.)
Supported Platforms and System Requirements
For information about FileXpress Platform Server for Windows 7.1 supported platforms, see Technical Note 2475.
Obtaining Your Product Upgrade
Maintained customers are eligible to download the latest product releases from the Attachmate Download Library web site: https://download.attachmate.com/Upgrades/.
You will be prompted to login and accept the Software License Agreement before you can select and download a file. For more information on using the Download Library web site, see Technical Note 0200.
For information about purchasing FileXpress Platform Server for Windows 7.1, please e-mail us: SalesRecept@attachmate.com.
Installing FileXpress Platform Server for Windows7.1
Note: Because of the issue described under Known Issues, you need to acquire your FileXpress license before you install this product and apply the license during the installation.
For information about installing FileXpress Platform Server for Windows 7.1, see the Installation topic in the User Guide, which is available from the documentation page, http://support.attachmate.com/manuals/filexpress.html.