Reflection 2011 R1 Service Pack 1 (SP1): Fixes, Features, and File Download
Technical Note 2555
Last Reviewed 13-May-2011
Reflection for IBM 2011 R1
Reflection for UNIX and OpenVMS 2011 R1
Reflection Standard Suite 2011 R1
Reflection X 2011 R1
Reflection Suite for X 2011 R1
The Reflection 2011 R1 Service Pack 1 (SP1) is available to maintained users who already have Reflection 2011 installed. This technical note provides a link to Reflection 2011 R1 SP1 and a list of features and fixes included in the service pack.
- For a list of features included in Reflection 2011 R3, see Technical Note 2631; for Reflection 2011 R2, see Technical Note 2571.
- For a list of features originally included Reflection for IBM 2011, Reflection for UNIX and OpenVMS 2011, and Reflection Standard Suite 2011, see Technical Note 2506.
- For a list of features originally included in Reflection X 2011 and Reflection Suite for X 2011, see Technical Note 2525.
- For important information regarding security updates and Reflection for IBM 2011, Reflection for UNIX and OpenVMS 2011, and Reflection Standard Suite 2011, see Technical Note 2502.
- For important information regarding security updates and Reflection X Advantage, a component of Reflection X 2011 and Reflection Suite for X 2011, see Technical Note 2505. For security update information and Reflection X 14.1, see Technical Note 1708.
Note: This document references a Reflection service pack. Service packs are available to licensed Attachmate customers with current maintenance plans for these products. For information about logins and accessing the Download Library, see Technical Note 0200.
This technical note includes the following sections:
Obtaining the Service Pack
The Reflection 2011 R1 Service Pack 1, reflect-2011-r1-sp1-w32.exe, is available from the Download Library and applies to R1 of the following products:
Reflection for IBM 2011
Reflection for UNIX and OpenVMS 2011
Reflection Standard Suite 2011
Reflection X 2011
Reflection Suite for X 2011
Note: If you have more than one Reflection 2011 product installed on a workstation, applying this service pack will update all Reflection 2011 products at the same time. (It is not possible to run multiple versions of Reflection 2011 Windows-based products on the same workstation.)
For information about applying a service pack, see Technical Note 2255.
For information about platform support in Reflection for IBM 2011, Reflection for UNIX and OpenVMS 2011, and Reflection Standard Suite 2011, see Technical Note 2511.
For information about platform support in Reflection X 2011 and Reflection Suite for X 2011, see Technical Note 2529.
New Features and What’s Fixed in Reflection 2011 R1 SP1
The following new features and fixes are included in the Reflection 2011 R1 Service Pack 1. To view features and fixes relevant to the Reflection product you are using, scroll to the appropriate product name below or use these quick reference links:
Reflection for IBM 2011 R1 SP1 and Reflection for UNIX and OpenVMS 2011 R1 SP1
The following new features and fixes apply to Reflection for IBM 2011 R1 SP1 and Reflection for UNIX and OpenVMS R1 SP1. Discontinued features are also listed.
- Support for IBM PComm features:
- Ability to use PComm keyboard layout files.
- Added a default PComm keyboard layout.
- Support for running PComm "Macro File" macros.
- Support for Micro Focus Rumba features:
- Added a Rumba default keyboard layout template.
- Ability to open existing RUMBA keyboard map configurations within Reflection and then save in the new Reflection 2011 format.
- Support for additional mouse-click actions:
- Ability to triple-mouse click to select the contents of an entire field.
- Allow a single-left-mouse click to both position the cursor or activate a light pen enabled field, as is supported in EXTRA!.
- Added Reflection for the Web Security Proxy token support.
- You can now use the Permissions Manger to configure the InputFieldUnderlines option, which was supported in legacy Reflection for IBM. Use this option to make input fields on host screens more visible to the user.
- Added ability to read EXTRA's transfer lists for both IND$File and FTP.
- Ctrl+Tab and Shift+Ctrl+Tab now set focus to sessions in the same way Microsoft Windows cycles through running applications. In Ribbon mode the Ctrl+Tab keys cycle though only the sessions in the Reflection Workspace. In Classic mode the Ctrl+Tab keys cycle through only open Reflection Workspaces.
- You can programmatically get a list of all open sessions without needing to know any other details.
- Added support and User Interface to modify the 16 VT color indexes.
- The Host session status bar can be customized for each individual user on the PC in Classic mode.
- The Reflection workspace can now save the screen size and location on a per session basis.
API and Automation
- The xNoCase macro constant is now correctly defined with a value of 2.
- HLLAPI function 6 (SearchPS) will now find a string that spans more than one field.
- GetTextEx() method allows for the selection of a rectangular area of text to be returned.
- The API SearchText() function now correctly supports finding data on multiple lines of the Host screens.
- In a VT session, the reported row and column properties from the ControlKeySending and the ControlKeySendingEventAgrs events now always report the correct values.
- VT session Terminal_Connecting and IBMTerminal_BeforeConnect events now fire when the ENTER key is used to connect.
- The old path is no longer read when you change the path to an existing legacy EXTRA! EDP file listed in HLLAPI ShortNameMapper.exe.
- Fixed issue for screen events that intermittently affected Host session documents that are not the active session or document, causing Unhandled Exception errors.
- Visual Studio 2008 can now correctly call the MyReflection.Start() method during a restart of a Reflection frame.
- Corrected a problem where characters were sometimes lost when sent to a UNIX or OpenVMS session via a barcode reader.
- Cursor movement and character input no longer intermittently lag and appear choppy as the user types in an AS/400 session.
- Fixed problem with random keystroke loss and errors of “Invalid key pressed” reported by VT host applications when typing fast or sending long ESC sequences.
- Migrated legacy EXTRA! keyboard maps now properly retain the CapsLock state.
- In an AS/400 session the Alt+SysReq key now properly works and does not trigger the workspace accelerator keys.
- Resolved an issue where in a 3270 session, when typing very fast and pressing the Left-Control key, the keyboard intermittently added the Control state to all subsequent keys pressed.
- “FILE” menu accelerator key sequence mnemonics now work correctly.
- Send Text/Send Keys combinations are now imported correctly from legacy EXTRA! keyboard maps.
- The CTRL+2 through CTRL+8 keys now work correctly in a UNIX or OpenVMS session.
- Copying from right to left using the cursor keys now also copies the right-most character.
- In Japanese sessions, special characters entered in the Answerback string field are now properly retained.
- In an AS/400 session, you can now enter both Portuguese and Chinese characters on a PC with either English or Chinese Regional settings chosen.
- When an action is taken in an existing Reflection browser session that can cause a new browser to open, the new window now opens as an embedded browser session or tab. Previously, Web sessions opened links to new pages in new browser windows.
- The “Create Shortcut” option is now properly updated when using the Attachmate Customization Tool to create a Companion MSI and selecting "Installs only for the user who installs it" option.
- VT ReGIS graphic objects that are shaded by using text characters now display correctly.
- Sixel Graphics now display properly for all color settings of Microsoft Windows.
- Fix for intermittent FTP file transfer fails with "...connection cannot be established..." while actually downloading the file.
- Paste operations with multi-line data and the "Wrap text to next input field" setting now correctly insert the data in the next input field.
- Restored correct STRPCCMD functionality.
- The LastMouseEvent() method behavior in a hotspot-invoked macro now returns the location where the hotspot was clicked.
- The file Attachmate.Utilities.OfficeTools3.DLL now gets updated when installing over an Administrative Install.
- Fixed “Error writing to file: <path>\rftpcom15.dll” that could occur when applying service packs or hotfixes to an administrative install of Reflection that was created on Microsoft Windows 7.
- Corrected issue when using "medium" size text in Windows 7 where some dialog boxes were incorrectly painted.
- When using legacy-EXTRA! sessions, docked panes or ancillary windows are correctly aligned when tabbing between sessions.
- The Attachmate.Reflection.Framework.MyReflection.Stop and Attachmate.Reflection.Framework.MyReflection.StopProgram methods have been deprecated. Please investigate replacing these methods with the Attachmate.Reflection.Framework.Application.Close method.
- Attachmate is deprecating support for remote API access through the TCP/IP channel. Reflection 2011 R1 Service Pack 1 supports TCP/IP access for custom applications that are currently configured to use the TCP/IP channel but does not allow you to select or configure this channel. All support for TCP/IP access will be removed in Reflection 2011 Release 2.
Note: If you are using custom applications that access your Reflection installation through the TCP/IP channel, do not select Disable.Net API (in the Set up API Macro and API Security workspace settings dialog box) until you are ready to use the IPC (Inter-Process Communication) channel for all of these applications. If you disable the .Net API and then re-enable it later, Reflection will use the IPC channel.
Reflection X 2011 R1 SP1
There are new features and fixes in Reflection X Advantage 3.0 Hotfix 3 and Reflection X 14.1 SP1, both of which are components of Reflection X 2011 and Reflection Suite for X 2011.
Reflection X Advantage 3.0 Hotfix 3
The file you use to apply the fixes and features to Reflection X Advantage 3.0 varies depending on your operating system:
- If you run Reflection X Advantage 3.0 on a Windows platform, Reflection X Advantage 3.0 will be updated when you run reflect-2011-r1-sp1-w32.exe (see Obtaining the Service Pack).
- If you run Reflection X Advantage 3.0 on a non-Windows-based platform, download and apply the file appropriate for your operating system.
You can now load and start Reflection X Advantage sessions and clients from saved definition files without having to use the X Manager window. To support this, two new options have been added to the rxmgr.exe command line utility.
- Use -import to import a specified Reflection X Advantage definition file (*.rxd) before starting the X Manager user interface. You can specify the file using a file path or a URL.
- Use -noStart in combination with -import to import settings without starting X Manager.
- This service pack installs Version 6 Update 23 of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE). This JRE update addresses a potential security vulnerability with the Java server switch. For current information about security alerts and advisories that may affect Reflection X Advantage, see Technical Note 2505.
- Window backgrounds are now correctly filled when ‘Backing store’ is set to ‘When Mapped.’
- Clicking the mouse button now produces expected results in some applications that had previously seen problems due to errors in the mouse coordinates in Reflection X Advantage. Before this fix, the user needed to reposition the window to get correct response to mouse clicks.
- Fixed a problem that caused overlaid display images due to errors in handling ClearArea and ReparentWindow requests.
- Fixed a problem that sometimes caused right-clicking on drop-down menus to fail.
Reflection X 14.1 SP1
- The Network Settings options for configuring IP macro expansion have been updated. For specifying a specific IP address, Reflection now detects all available IPv4 and IPv6 interfaces and displays a drop-down list of available options.
- Converted trace files now include Windows message names and time of day.
- The log file now shows starting and stopping times of Rx.exe.
- Negative display coordinates are now supported.
- A new setting is available to configure what happens to an existing log file when Reflection X is restarted. To configure this setting, go to View Settings > Append to an existing log file. When this setting is No (the default), the existing log file is replaced by a new log. When it is Yes, new log information is appended to the existing file.
- Taskbar icons for minimized CDE host applications now disappear as expected.
- Arabic (iso8859-6) is now included in the list of available Windows fonts.
- The Reflection X Manager icon now remains in the System Tray after Windows Explorer (explorer.exe) is restarted.
- The Solaris XDMCP login screen now returns to view after the language option has changed.
- The Reflection X Profiler no longer closes with an application error when X terminal desktop is selected under Window Manager Settings and X Screen settings are also modified.
- ILOG pop-up windows now show correct window decoration (display of the title bar, close button, window border, etc.) This fixes a problem seen when running an X application called Quartus II.
- Fixed a problem that caused some characters to appear backwards (flipped sideways) when RENDER is enabled.
- Fixed display problems with the Host Key Authenticity dialog box.
- When Reflection Window Manager is enabled, the second X client window you open no longer displays behind the X Manager window.
- Motif X client windows no longer lose focus or move to the background as the result of user actions in pop-up windows.
- Error messages problems have been corrected for errors RX2158 and RX2159.
- Fixed a problem that caused Shift to remain in effect even when the Shift key is not pressed. This problem occurred when a computer-generated sequence of keystrokes (for example from autokey, sendkeys, or a voice recognizer) included a shifted key followed by certain "function" keys like home, end, insert.