FileXpress Platform Server for Windows 7.0 New Features and Release Notes
Technical Note 2533
Last Reviewed 04-Nov-2010
FileXpress Platform Server for Windows version 7.0
This technical note outlines the new features available in FileXpress Platform Server for Windows 7.0, as well as product fixes and release notes.
This note includes the following information:
FileXpress Platform Server for Windows 7.0 New Features
The following list of features is available in the FileXpress Platform Server for Windows 7.0 release:
- Native support for Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Added support token $(SDIR) for DNI templates.
- Support for checkpoint restart on a receive from z/OS when the z/OS file spans multiple volumes.
- An error message now displays advising the administrator to contact Attachmate Technical Support to receive a new license key to enable FIPS 140 as a security policy.
Resolved Issues in 7.0
The following issues were resolved in FileXpress Platform Server for Windows 7.0:
- Resolved an issue with past transactions not being displayed.
- Resolved account lockouts from DNI batch job execution.
- Resolved SCHEDULE_AT command line FTMSCMD parameter not functioning.
- Resolved CFDIR returning the incorrect date.
- Resolved "FUSPING" causing exceptions and mini-dumps.
- Resolved an issue in email notifications from Platform Server where information was not being received in 'from' and 'to' fields.
- Resolved various crash issues involving DNI and templates.
- Resolved an issue where values were showing up after the TCP protocol in the throttle was unselected.
- Resolved an issue where FileXpress did not remove its configuration settings when uninstalling.
- Resolved File to Print not sending file to printer.
- Resolved issue where multi-threaded transfers that use a customized local translate table can result in data not being properly translated.
- Resolved an issue where the first bank transfer using customized translate table causes a second bank transfer to fail because the $ in the token is being incorrectly translated and therefore cannot be resolved.
- Resolved an issue where EOF processing option does not get picked up when it changes in Server Properties.
- Resolved an issue when host name is longer than 20 characters transfers failed with "host not defined". The host name can now be up to 250 characters.
- Resolved a problem where cfapplykey fails if the administrator id belongs to multiple groups.
- Resolved a problem where CfAlias configuration file was not saved under the server properties "Responder" tab CFAlias field.
- Resolved an issue when using responder profiles with SNA on Windows.
- Resolved an issue where a previously created template was disappearing.
- Changed the error message a user receives when they do a single transfer and do not enter a Destination IP. Now the error message informs the user that it is the wrong IP or Port, instead of an unauthorized user error.
- Resolved an issue where the transfer destination settings are changed after using a node.
- Resolved an issue of invalid node names displayed by platform server under available nodes while using Vista.
- Resolved FileXpress Administrator DNI not displaying all initiation directories.
- Resolved issue of an error message indicating 20 characters allowed when the UserID field only allows 19 characters.
- Resolved an error "Failed creating Queue Entry PQF stream" by writing Responder Transfers to PQF only if it is a CheckPoint transfer.
- Resolved an issue with email notifications on failed transfers.
- Resolved issue of temporary files not being removed after a file transfer completes.
- Resolved issue of "Local Translation Table" value not being recognized in File Transfer.
- Resolved issue of users (cfadmin group) not being able to update FileXpress Platform Server for Windows system.
- Resolved issue of ftmcmd not RPC connecting to ftmssvr.
Obtaining Your Product Upgrade
Maintained customers are eligible to download the latest product releases from the Attachmate Download Library web site: https://download.attachmate.com/Upgrades/.
You will be prompted to login and accept the Software License Agreement before you can select and download a file. For more information on using the Download Library web site, see Technical Note 0200.
For information about purchasing FileXpress Platform Server for Windows 7.0, please e-mail us: SalesRecept@attachmate.com.
For information about FileXpress Platform Server for Windows 7.0 supported platforms, see Technical Note 2475.
Installing FileXpress Platform Server for Windows 7.0
For information about installing FileXpress Platform Server for Windows 7.0, see the Installation topic in the User Guide, which is available from the documentation page, http://support.attachmate.com/manuals/filexpress.html.