Technical Note 2284
Last Reviewed 02-Jun-2011
EXTRA! 6530 Client Option version 9.x
This technical note describes the supported and unsupported programmability features for use with the EXTRA! 6530 Client Option and Tandem hosts.
Note: The Reflection for NonStop 2011 Add-On now offers Tandem support for the Reflection 2011 products. For more information, see Technical Note 2512.
Tandem Support in EXTRA!
The EXTRA! 6530 Client Option is an add-on product for EXTRA! X-treme that provides emulation support for Tandem hosts. New features were introduced in recent releases:
- Version 9.2: Cursor coordinates and HLLAPI compatibility; see "Updated Client Option for CAIL HP NonStop/Tandem/6530 Terminal Emulation" in Technical Note 2541.
- Version 9.0 Service Pack 2: Screen.GetString method improved; see "EXTRA! 9 SP2" in Technical Note 2257.
- Version 9.0 Service Pack 1: Added SSL encryption and Telnet load balancing.
Programming Support with Tandem Hosts
To automate repeated tasks, the following information describes supported and unsupported programmability features for use with Tandem 6530 hosts.
- EXTRA! Basic macro scripting is supported. The OLE Automation (COM) API, for accessing the EXTRA! Basic macro platform from external applications, is also supported. For more information, see the EXTRA! Macro Editor help installed with the product (or see “Obtaining and Using the COM Documentation” in Technical Note 2271).
- Beginning in version 9.2, HLLAPI is supported for 6530 sessions.
- ActiveX control (OCX file) object interfaces are not officially supported for 6530 sessions.