Technical Note 1665
Last Reviewed 02-Jun-2011
Reflection for the Web 2011 (All Editions)
When upgrading to Reflection for the Web 2011 from an evaluation copy, run the automated installer or follow the steps that were used to manually install the evaluation software.
Ease of Installation
You do not need to uninstall the evaluation software before upgrading to Reflection for the Web 2011. When installed to the same location, Reflection for the Web 2011 settings are automatically migrated from the evaluation copy to the licensed copy.
Retaining Your Settings
User preferences and macros are not preserved during the upgrade process because they are stored on users' computers. These settings must be manually recreated.
When an update is performed using the automated installer, settings for IIS integration are preserved. However, you must manually copy your metering and security proxy settings files.
To retain the metering settings, make a copy of the <Tomcat Folder>\webapps\rwebmeter\WEB-INF\web.xml file.
To retain security proxy settings, make a copy of the server.properties file (\security proxy\conf).!! Default !!
If you used archive files (manual installation):
- Navigate to the location where the Reflection for the Web management server is installed.
- Delete the contents of the folder where the management server is installed. For example, if you installed the evaluation copy to the default location using the supplied servlet runner, navigate to \ReflectionServer\ apache-tomcat-[version]\webapps and delete the contents of the \rweb folder.
- Extract the rweb.war file into the empty \rweb directory (or equivalent). To install on UNIX or Linux, see the Installation Guide: http://docs.attachmate.com/reflection/rweb/2011/R1/rweb_installguide_en.pdf.
- Follow the instructions in the Installation Guide to install rweb.war. Install the licensed version to the same location where the evaluation copy was originally installed.
If you used a servlet runner other than the one supplied with Reflection for the Web (Apache Tomcat), see the documentation for that servlet runner for installation information.
- Restore the settings files that you saved in the Retaining Your Settings section.
- If you use the Apache Tomcat Servlet runner and want to integrate Reflection for the Web with Microsoft’s IIS web server, run the IIS integration utility that is appropriate for your version of IIS.
The IIS integration utilities are located in the ReflectionServer\utilities directory.