Technical Note 1536
Last Reviewed 07-Dec-2007
Reflection for HP version 13.0 through 14.x
Reflection for UNIX and OpenVMS version 13.0 through 14.x
This technical note explains how to obtain certain sample scripts, settings files, and macros for Reflection. These samples describe and demonstrate Reflection product functionality.
Obtaining Reflection Sample Files
The sample files are specific to the product version.
- Download the script file for Reflection: 13SampleFiles.zip
Note: These sample files have not been tested in version 14.x, but should still provide useful information.
- Unzip the sample files into the <path>/Reflection/Samples folder. This will extract a Readme.html file and several folders of samples.
Sample Files Included
Consult the Readme.html file for a listing of available samples and instructions on their use. The following sample files are included.
Sample ActiveX Files
In the following file names, <n> represents 1 for HP, 2 for UNIX and OpenVMS, or 4 for ReGIS Graphics, and <l> is blank for English, G for German, F for French, or J for Japanese.
- r<n>demo<l>.htm - This file is used to launch the following samples:
- r<n>cont<l>.htm Demonstrates Active Document Support. Loads the provided Reflection settings file (.r1w, .r2w, or .r4w). Provided in English, French, German, and Japanese.
Sample Color Setting Files
- hpbw.rcr - for Reflection for HP, white background, black text
- hpwb.rcr - for Reflection for HP, inverse of above
- pcdosr1.rcr - Duplicates the look of the original Reflection HP DOS product
- pcdosr2.rcr - Duplicates the look of the original Reflection VT DOS product
- vtbw.rcr - Reflection for UNIX and Digital or ReGIS Graphics - white background and black text
- vtwb.rcr - Reflection for UNIX and Digital or ReGIS Graphics - black background and white text
- wyseamb.rcr - for Wyse terminals - amber look
- wysebw.rcr - for Wyse terminals - white background and black text
- wysegrn.rcr - for Wyse terminals - typical green screen
- wysewb.rcr - for Wyse terminals - black background and white text
Sample HP Files
- cobdemo.cob - An HP3000 COBOL program demonstrating an HP3000 host initiated and controlled file transfer.
- PhoneDial.r1w - A Reflection for HP settings file containing a sample macro that demonstrates how to edit registry values using a Reflection macro.
- Samples.r1w - A sample script that demonstrates many of the automation features available in Reflection.
Sample VT Files
- demo1.dcl - This file demonstrates a VT host initiated and controlled file transfer.
- demo2.dcl - This file demonstrates host control of Reflection using Reflection Command Language.
- PhoneDial.r2w and PhoneDial.r4w - This Reflection for UNIX and Digital settings file contains a sample macro that demonstrates how to edit registry values with a Reflection macro.
- Samples.r2w and Samples.r4w - A sample script that demonstrates many of the automation features available in Reflection.
Sample XML Transforms
These sample XSL transforms supplement the ones installed with the product. To use these sample XSL transforms:
- Move them to the Transforms\RWin folder in your Reflection installation.
- In Reflection , click File > Import and Export > Export and Transform XML
- Click Transform Browse button to display the list of available transforms.
- compare.xsl - Transform settings into a simple text file. Useful for comparing two distinct settings files to determine their differences.
- enum.xsl - Generates a listing of all enumerations for each setting.
- identity.xsl - This transform allows the Export and Transform Dialog to be used to export settings without performing a transformation.
- indent.xsl - Adds tabs to exported Reflection XML that reflect the element structure.
- proptype.xsl - Generates a listing of Reflection properties, ordered by type.